Evelyn O’Rourke Collection
c.00582

Summary Information

Repository
Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections
Creator - Donor
O'Rourke, Evelyn.
Title
Evelyn O’Rourke collection
ID
c.00582
Date
1957
Extent
0.1 Cubic feet , 1 folder
Language
English

Preferred Citation

Researchers wishing to cite this collection should include the following information: "Item title, Collection title, Collection Identifier, Michigan State University Archives & Historical Collections, East Lansing, Michigan".

Return to Table of Contents »


Biographical Note

Evelyn Nourse married Francis O'Rourke on October 20, 1920. Francis came to MSU in 1945 as a professor of horticulture and retired in 1964. They had four children, Donald, Roger, Eileen, and Kenneth. From 1956 to 1957 Francis was a technical advisor for the Thailand Department of Agriculture in Bangkok.

Return to Table of Contents »


Scope and Contents note

The Evelyn O'Rourke collection consists of negatives and photographs of the Wat Po Buddhist temple in Thailand. The photographs are of carvings of the temple doors, stupas (Buddhist memorial structures) and Buddhist statues. The negatives are of monks in the Temple, decorative art, women making rubbings of decorative art and the Wat Po Temple.

Return to Table of Contents »


Administrative Information

Publication Information

Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections December 2005

Conrad Hall
888 Wilson Road, Room 101
East Lansing , MI, 48824
517-355-2330
archives@msu.edu

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University Property Rights: Michigan State University

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Return to Table of Contents »


Controlled Access Headings

Personal Name(s)

  • O'Rourke, Evelyn.

Subject(s)

  • Buddhist architecture -- Thailand
  • Buddhist temples -- Thailand

Return to Table of Contents »


Collection Inventory

Temple of Wat Po, Thailand 1957